Report has shown that the recurring port used to carry out an attack includes:
- Port 22 which correspond to SSH (Secure Shell)
- Port 80 the HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol)
- Port 443 the HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure).
what users should note:
- It is best to close unused ports.
- Organization should install a firewall on every host and monitor.
- Port traffic must also be filtered at all times.
- There should be regular port scans.
- Penetration testing are best practices to help ensure there are no unchecked system vulnerabilities.
- security across all network ports should include defense-in-depth.
CCG Software solution will help protect your business from cyberattacks
For the ports:
CCG’s NeTERS provides an unprecedented view of internal tracking of these ports and examine in realtime continuous monitoring.
For the programs: (weak encryption 66% and outdated software 75%)
CCG provides realtime continuous monitoring of the encryptions in use.
CanSecure detects and identifies outdated software daily compared to 6 months period used by other vulnerability scanners.
CCG brings you this coverage at a very simple and affordable cost.